Early voting begins three weeks before any election and takes place at the Blaine County Courthouse on the first floor, available Monday - Friday 8 a.m.-5 p.m. The last day for early voting is always the Friday before the election.
The last day for the Clerk’s office to receive written requests for absentee ballots is 11 days before the election. The deadline to return ballots to the Clerk’s office is always 8 p.m. on election night.
The cutoff for pre-registering to vote is 24 days before an election. Election Day registration is available during early voting. You must have photo ID and proof of residence. If your current address is shown on your driver’s license, that is all you need. If your current address is not shown on your driver’s license, you must bring proof of residency at least 30 days old (power bill, car registration, insurance, pay check, bank statement, etc.). You can check your voter registration status online at Idaho Votes.
To vote you must either present a photo ID or sign a Personal Identification Affidavit. Acceptable forms of photo identification include any one of the following:
- An Idaho driver’s license or photo identification card.
- An Idaho Concealed Weapons Permit.
- A U.S. passport or Federal photo identification card.
- A tribal photo identification card.
- A current student photo ID, issued by an Idaho high school or post secondary education institution.