How do I have legal papers served?

Legal documents are served by our Civil Department.

Show All Answers

1. How do I have legal papers served?
2. How do I get a protection order?
3. Can the service fee be combined for two people?
4. When can I expect to receive the money that was awarded me?
5. Does the Sheriff handle evictions?
6. How many attempts does the Civil Division make before they return my papers as unserved?
7. Does a Writ issued to enforce a judgment need to be addressed to a specific Sheriff's Office?
8. Can the Sheriff's Office serve my documents if I don't have a physical address for the person to be served?